Is Your Business Your Retirement Plan? 9/20/2018
Capacity: 60 (8% booked)
Date: Thursday, September 20, 2018
Time: 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Location: Spencer Road Library, The Community Commons - Room 243, 427 Spencer Road, St. Peters, MO 63376-2420. Get Google Directions.
Are you a business owner? Do you expect the sale of your business to fund your retirement? If you answered "yes" to both of these questions you need to attend this seminar!
According to a 2016 BEI Business Owner Survey, 75% of business owners would leave today if they felt they could receive enough value to provide financial security. However, only 17% of these business owners have created a written exit plan.
This free seminar will:
- Examine the 5 alternative ways to exit your business.
- Discuss the value gap - the gap between a third party assessment of the value of your business vs. your perceived value .
- Outline the 8 steps to successful business succession planning.
- Describe the 3 top legal strategies for building value.
- Outline keys to unlock transferable value for your Business.
- Explain the fears regarding selling your business that can keep you locked into NEVER retiring.
- Summarize the 3 steps to take now to unlock transferable value resulting in a successful retirement.
This seminar is critical for business owners who would like to transfer their business within the next 10 years, and we suggest that your spouse/significant other join you as well. Business transfer and retirement planning are emotional issues that affect your whole family. It's best that everyone has the correct information to avoid misunderstandings in the future.
Testimonials from Seminar Participants:
"I attended the seminar. It was well organized and concise. It really brought to the forefront the importance of having a succession plan in place for any size business. Regardless of where you are in the lifecycle of your business, the seminar will give you valuable insights on your next steps." James Paul
"I attended this seminar. I was actually the third succession seminar I have been to in the last 18 months. It was the most well presented of all three. The necessary steps were explained in easy to understand manner and in a logical order to get from point A to point B." Rick Smith, Business Owner
Fred L. Vilbig is a St. Louis Attorney with over 30 years of experience in representing individuals and businesses in the areas of estate and business planning, corporate law, and real estate transactions. Mr. Vilbig lives in West St. Louis County.